• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone switch to Eris from Droid?

Just another chime-in on the fact that I had a Motorola Droid for 2 weeks and I simply could not bond with it. The slider keyboard was useless to me and the whole phone was so bulky and square. I agree with all of the previous commenters about the form factor and phone dialer issues on the Droid ... though the screen is definitely magnificent. Anyway, I had bought at Best Buy and I returned my Droid and got 2 Eris' (one for me and one for hubby) and after some adaptation time we really like our Eris...other than the delay on hanging-up problem that I hope will go away as more of us figure out what is going on we absolutely LOVE our sleek little E-Droids!

Upvote 0
:DTelltime & everyone else -- THANKS so much. As another person on the fence this has been really, reallllllly helpful.

Cholifoli -- bummer that you got treated that way at your store. Good customer service is part of the reason we pay the bigger bucks for Verizon. My store was great about it. It may have helped that I cited the threads on this site and on the Motorola site about the call quality, muted and dropped calls, etc., but when I explained my issues they never argued, just graciously swapped the phones. When I was going to turn in my second just before leaving town for the holidays, they encouraged me to try one more and gave me a 15 day extension on my trade-in. When I turned in my third, they took everything back without question -- car charger, case, dock, headphones, the works. I'm sticking with Verizon regardless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones