• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone test out its 'waterproof' capabilities yet?

bigbadwulff

Android Expert
Jun 15, 2010
Anyone have an encounter with water yet?

EDIT: I'm not saying they implied it is waterproof by any means.
Just want to see how it handles an accidental encounter with water. I fish a lot and know I will have it with me on the water. It will be in a waterproof case of some kind, but you just neven know what might happen.

Haunted Hallows....Thanks. Glad someone isn't a 'know-it-all'.

Just wondering how it handles water. Sorry for asking.
And no I'm not gonna put it in the pool to try to get some videos of naked chicks :)

Just wondering if anyone had an encounter with water and what happened. Hard rain? Sweaty encounter with your girlfriend?

Was pushed into a pool with my Storm and it came out fine. Just wondering how the X holds up. Sooner or later the first water encounter post is coming. Just trying to see if it's happened yet.

Again sorry to offend the easily offended and the easy-to-jump-to-conclusion ;)

Upvote 0
I haven't experienced water yet, but i have notice the water damage indicator is well hidden and protected, i can't speak for the incredible, but.i had an eris and the water damage indicator was in plain sight once u removed the cover, so anything can cause the shot.to go bad, but i learned to bleach the white strip indicator and no one can tell the difference unless of course they do some investigating inside the hardware, but i think the x is extremely durable to water, cause it is very well guarded, with only a small window to look at.

Upvote 0
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential, "mood," killer for new Droid X users below. Nothing really major, but once you know about it, you'll probably always notice it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Actually, I'm almost positive that the video really is of a Droid X. Underwater casing or not. If you look closely enough, every video recorded by a Droid X has a slightly reddish hue down the middle of the screen. On top of that, it really just looks like a video that would be recorded by a Droid X. - Quality-wise, anyway. The frame shakiness looks familiar, etc.

That's my opinion anyway. I mean, it isn't that far-fetched. Even if the guy isn't using a waterproof casing, I wouldn't recommend keeping the thing underwater for too long. It hasn't been certified by the manufacturer, (Motorola, ofc) as a waterproof capable device.

EDIT: "It hasn't been certified by the manufacturer, (Motorola, ofc) as a waterproof capable device." -- Unless I SERIOUSLY overlooked something. :p

Upvote 0

Two strikes against that first product:
1) $109!!?? The phone only cost me $49.00 :)
2)"eco-friendly" packaging. Anyone that feels they have to mention anything eco gets no $$ from me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones