Anyone's 3g/4g speeds suffering within the past few days?

Last Updated:

1. munsterrr

munsterrr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im in Washington D.C.
    Rom - Supersonic_1.32.651.6_rooted(stock rooted rom)
    Radio - 1.39.00.05.31
    Root - Full root with nand unlock (Toast method)

I dont know but Ive had smart phones with sprint since they first had 3g and i was always getting atleast just under a mb down and a few hundred up....

As of yesterday im getting like .3mb down and literally 9kb up....this is after running both extreme labs and speedtest.nets apps from the market.

I have full root(both steps from toast). Ive flashed a few rooms(BB, fresh, etc) but now i am back to the stock rom with root(Supersonic_1.32.651.6_rooted) and i am still getting the same speeds.

PRL updates have been done. I even did a full data restore(##3282#->data*->data restore). Nothing is working

Im pulling the battery for a while to see if that helps.

Advertisement
  2. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

Where are you located? There are lots of upgrades going on to towers

3. munsterrr

Sorry im in Washington D.C.

4. Headcase_Fargone

Headcase_Fargone Well-Known Member

My 3G speeds here in Houston have been pretty horrible since I picked up the phone. I'm glad to see someone was getting decent speeds before the Evo launched. Hopefully this isn't what their network is always like.

5. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

Tower hardware and software upgrades and the signals are being re-routed. There was also an outage about 1-2 weeks back that affect 3 towers.

Atlanta, Chicago, DC and NC are being upgraded (more areas are I would assume)

Bek likes this.
  6. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that your experience has been poor. Coverage is fantastic in the Chicagoland area, but of course, each region will vary.

7. munsterrr

updated first post. Thanks.

8. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Yeah my best bet would be on the upgrades in your Area but call tech support in the meantime.

9. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

-----------

10. digo21

digo21 Active Member

Anyone hear anything on the 4G towers in philly. My 3G works great but 4G has been less than stellar I can barely pick up a signal outside my house. The first day I got the phone it worked great on 4G.

11. gear.h34d.2012

gear.h34d.2012 Well-Known Member

I'm in Eastern NC, so that would explain my 3G drag I assume. Nice to know it's just maintenance. :D

12. liquidtrance

liquidtrance Member

The first few days I had the phone the 3g speeds were obscenely fast compared to my Pre. I was very surprised. However the past few days I seem to notice updating weather / downloads / market downloads / etc seem to be a bit slower. However I have no tests or speeds to back this up, but yes I seem to notice slower speeds as well. I'm in Cincinnati though and we are supposedly getting 4G soon so it could be they're screwing with the Towers/network to get 4G rolled out in the coming months.

13. munsterrr

so its good to see that we are not crazy here.....

14. whoodiestyle

whoodiestyle Member

Slow speed here also first few days first had phone was awesome speed now it just blows

15. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member

Yep same here in Massachusetts, I am right around 1mb/s down usually around 75k and 75k up. Last week I was running between 1.5mb/s-2.15 mb/s. I wonder what is going on??

16. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I ran a test on 3G yesterday and got 1.88 down and 0.70 up. The speeds are great for me (when I'm not inside a 3G bunker).

17. apocalypse_later

apocalypse_later Well-Known Member

Did you guys root your phones recently? Perhaps there is a connection there.

18. munsterrr

yes i have the full root. I was considering taking it to the store after using RUU to put it back into the stock state

Used sprint chat first....the god damn guy JACOB A told me that there was an outage in my area

Called tech support and she ran me through all of the remove battery, data restore, prl update crap again. Nothing worked. she said there were NO outtages in my area.

Then she told me that there is no standard speed on 3g. Ive had 3g since they first got it and always got around 800-900 down and 300-500 up(HTC Diamond, 3 BBs, and the moment). now im getting 200 down and 100 up using speedtest.net app, extremelabs test, AND sprint.com/speedtest(didnt know that existed till today).

She pretty much told me i was screwed.

19. apocalypse_later

apocalypse_later Well-Known Member

I played with an Overdrive today and it did the same thing my phone has been doing lately. Crappy 4G down speeds but decent up speeds, like 200k down and 800k down. Not sure whats going on, maybe Sprint can't handle the load and the down channels are being flooded by all the new EVO/Overdrive users.

I hope this is temporary.

20. outlawclogger

outlawclogger New Member

Speeds in Orlando are running real bad as well

21. bsims85

bsims85 New Member

I work in Maryland and I have been getting terrible 3g/4g speeds. I called CS and they did confirm that they were performing maintenance in the area. I was initially getting excellent data speeds for the first few days so i know its not a coverage issue. Plus, I have I been with Sprint for several years and have NEVER experienced poor service in the area. Hopefully things will be back up and running very shortly.

22. wayne8888

wayne8888 Member

I'm getting just under 1mbps down and about 300kbps up using 3G down near the harbor east in B'more. I did not believe it, but at an underground Bally in Towson, MD, I got 2.4mbps down and later 1.8mbps down using 3G (of course a former Sprint Store used to be upstairs.....should be good coverage area). My 4G speed varies between 3 and 5 mbps down and about 800kbps up. I got this tethering.
    [​IMG]