• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone's 3g/4g speeds suffering within the past few days?

munsterrr

Nov 19, 2009
Im in Washington D.C.
Rom - Supersonic_1.32.651.6_rooted(stock rooted rom)
Radio - 1.39.00.05.31
Root - Full root with nand unlock (Toast method)

I dont know but Ive had smart phones with sprint since they first had 3g and i was always getting atleast just under a mb down and a few hundred up....

As of yesterday im getting like .3mb down and literally 9kb up....this is after running both extreme labs and speedtest.nets apps from the market.

I have full root(both steps from toast). Ive flashed a few rooms(BB, fresh, etc) but now i am back to the stock rom with root(Supersonic_1.32.651.6_rooted) and i am still getting the same speeds.

PRL updates have been done. I even did a full data restore(##3282#->data*->data restore). Nothing is working

Im pulling the battery for a while to see if that helps.

My 3G speeds here in Houston have been pretty horrible since I picked up the phone. I'm glad to see someone was getting decent speeds before the Evo launched. Hopefully this isn't what their network is always like.

Sorry to hear that your experience has been poor. Coverage is fantastic in the Chicagoland area, but of course, each region will vary.

Upvote 0
The first few days I had the phone the 3g speeds were obscenely fast compared to my Pre. I was very surprised. However the past few days I seem to notice updating weather / downloads / market downloads / etc seem to be a bit slower. However I have no tests or speeds to back this up, but yes I seem to notice slower speeds as well. I'm in Cincinnati though and we are supposedly getting 4G soon so it could be they're screwing with the Towers/network to get 4G rolled out in the coming months.

Upvote 0
Did you guys root your phones recently? Perhaps there is a connection there.

yes i have the full root. I was considering taking it to the store after using RUU to put it back into the stock state

Used sprint chat first....the god damn guy JACOB A told me that there was an outage in my area

Called tech support and she ran me through all of the remove battery, data restore, prl update crap again. Nothing worked. she said there were NO outtages in my area.

Then she told me that there is no standard speed on 3g. Ive had 3g since they first got it and always got around 800-900 down and 300-500 up(HTC Diamond, 3 BBs, and the moment). now im getting 200 down and 100 up using speedtest.net app, extremelabs test, AND sprint.com/speedtest(didnt know that existed till today).

She pretty much told me i was screwed.

Upvote 0
I work in Maryland and I have been getting terrible 3g/4g speeds. I called CS and they did confirm that they were performing maintenance in the area. I was initially getting excellent data speeds for the first few days so i know its not a coverage issue. Plus, I have I been with Sprint for several years and have NEVER experienced poor service in the area. Hopefully things will be back up and running very shortly.

Upvote 0
I'm getting just under 1mbps down and about 300kbps up using 3G down near the harbor east in B'more. I did not believe it, but at an underground Bally in Towson, MD, I got 2.4mbps down and later 1.8mbps down using 3G (of course a former Sprint Store used to be upstairs.....should be good coverage area). My 4G speed varies between 3 and 5 mbps down and about 800kbps up. I got this tethering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones