• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyway to roll back software update?

Hi.

Not had any answers yet so don't know if there's a fix so may as well lump it just now.

Couple of help topics if anyone can help.

1) I can't sync my mail. I have entered the correct username and password, but it says authentication failed and to verify these. I am using googlemail. Any help?

2) I can't see a mobile connect widget anymore to add to one of my home screens. It used to be addable before the firmare upgrade, but now i can't see it to add. So i have to go into my settings everytime i am out of the house to connect to the internet to turn this on. Any help?

Thanx

Upvote 0
Widget disappearance is a common problem after the update, but I don't know if I've come across anyone with a definite fix. A factory reset is something I've heard suggested. But I could be wrong, so you might not want to waste your time ;)

If you end up rolling back, you'll have to do a factory reset anyway though :p

For gmail, are you using the actual gmail app? Or a different one? Can you log into the gmail website with those details?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones