• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AOL Stopped Syncing

mamiamjo

Oct 4, 2009
I have had the Hero since October 9 and never had a problem syncing my AOL email with my Hero.
I have had it set to sync every 15 minutes and all worked well.

About a week ago I started noticing issues with not getting my messages consistently and I started seeing a message below the emails saying
"Get More Messages ____ messages total on server" (I don't recall seeing this message before). If the number of messages on the server is greater than what I have on my phone, I can manually sync and they will down load.

Sometimes my messages will sync, but not consisitently. As I type this I see that I was showing 9 messages and the server had 11 so I manually synced and two more messages downloaded to the phone but they were from over an hour ago.

I have tried deleting the account and re-setting it up but that doesn't seem to correct the issue.
(BTW, my exchange messages still sync fine)

Any ideas on what's causing this?

I have had the same problem,which I posted a thread about about a week ago, but haven't had many responses. I don't know if other people aren't experiencing this, or if a lot of people don't have AOL anymore, or what. I am going to post about it on the sprint forums to see if anyone has a solution. BTW, sometimes when I click get more messages, it still won't show me new ones, only older ones or it shows the new ones twice.

Upvote 0
I have had the same problem,which I posted a thread about about a week ago, but haven't had many responses. I don't know if other people aren't experiencing this, or if a lot of people don't have AOL anymore, or what. I am going to post about it on the sprint forums to see if anyone has a solution. BTW, sometimes when I click get more messages, it still won't show me new ones, only older ones or it shows the new ones twice.

If you do get a response on the Sprint Forum, please post it here as well (or post a link to it).

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones