• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

aosp 2.2 vs 2.3 differences

chawski

Android Enthusiast
May 19, 2010
So before I get the usual "try both and decide", yes, I have used both, and am currently on the latest 2.2 (12/10/10 i think?)

When i used 2.3 earlier (around when the camera was fixed) I got a ton of lag. finally got tired of it and flashed back to 2.2. It seems like people are pretty happy with 2.3 as it stands now, but this leads to the question: What is the difference bw the 2 from the end user standpoint? I dont care about games or code or any of that stuff...just use it as a phone/pda. I really cant tell any noticeable difference bw the 2 and I have the standpoint of if its not broken, dont fix it, hence why im still on 2.2. Anywho, any input would be great

So before I get the usual "try both and decide", yes, I have used both, and am currently on the latest 2.2 (12/10/10 i think?)

When i used 2.3 earlier (around when the camera was fixed) I got a ton of lag. finally got tired of it and flashed back to 2.2. It seems like people are pretty happy with 2.3 as it stands now, but this leads to the question: What is the difference bw the 2 from the end user standpoint? I dont care about games or code or any of that stuff...just use it as a phone/pda. I really cant tell any noticeable difference bw the 2 and I have the standpoint of if its not broken, dont fix it, hence why im still on 2.2. Anywho, any input would be great

Yes, 2.3 has come a long way since the camera was fixed, both CM7 and aosp variants. The core changes on 2.3 were behind the scene stuff - code enhancements and speed. From the end user, you'll notice a better keyboard, improvements to copy/paste and the UI enhancements.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones