• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help APK installation error

fro3t1010

Lurker
Dec 5, 2022
Hi,

Hope someone will be able to help me,

I am trying to install an APK from one phone to a different phone but keep getting errors.
When I try on the phone it says app cant install app, but when I try in the command line with ADB it comes back with error about "Package has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!"
Is there a way to bypass this error?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advanced.

It sounds like one or two things here.

It could be either one or both.

Either the app version is not compatible with the new device, or you do not have permission to copy the app (like a paid for app).

Find the app on an appstore like APKPure, where multiple versions of an app can be found to work on various devices.

Use the web version of the site, because using the app for the appstore will only reveal certain versions.

Upvote 0
Did you tried unstalling it from destination device? if not then try it using enabling device's "unknown sources" option, then connect your device to computer via USB cable, open cmd and navigate to the ADB and run these adb install -r -d <path-to-apk-file>

if still that problem occurs you may need to re assign that apk file using android Studio or jarsigner

Thankyou

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones