• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help apn settings help!

why can't I access my APN settings?

• help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • help

• idk what to do

• Total voters
I upgraded my straight talk phone about two months ago from a basic smart phone to a galaxy s3. I cant send or receive MMS messages on the new phone. I have read forums online on how to fix the problem and they all basically lead me to the APN settings. I have even watched YouTube videos on how to get to the exact place in my settings. Well when I go to my wireless settings there isn't an option for APN, I only have the option for mobile data being on or off. I have tried restoring my phone to factory setting, no luck. One forum said that sometimes when upgrading your phone you have to wait a month or so because of the switch... Well that's passed and still nothing. I am wondering if it has anything to do with my Sim card? This is my second galaxy s3, my first one was a total POS and I had to send it back and get this new one. With my first one I didn't insert my Sim card and it sent messages fine. This one I did insert it thinking that's why I had problems with the first one, but now MMS messaging doesn't work. Please somebody help!

If you go into wireless settings you will then need to select mobile networks ie
Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names

Click the Menu button > New APN

I appreciate your reply but that option doesn't exist for me. When I click mobile networks the only thing that shows on that page is Mobile data. There is nothing more Screenshot_2015-03-03-02-12-32.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones