• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App] BatterySave - Maximize your battery uptime!

sscAndroid

Oct 23, 2010
Hi there,

I want to introduce my very first android app - BatterySave !

What does BatterySave do ?

BatterySave is an intelligent tool, that helps you save battery by changing system settings. Unlike manual toggle widgets, BatterySave applies those changes dependent on the current battery level. You could, for example, let BatterySave turn off any WiFi / mobile network connection and dim the display brightness to 30% once you reach 50% battery level.

What makes BatterySave unique ?

Ease of use

BatterySave is designed to be as intuitive and easy to use as possible. While the UI is self explanatory there's also a built in help function that gives an easy to understand introduction to the app. Besides my personal mail support, the app's website also provides a very detailed FAQ that should answer most of your questions.

Effectivity

While designing BatterySave, the most important thing was to consume only a minimum of capacity itself. To mention concrete values is very user dependent here, but during tests at night with a completely idle device, my HTC Desire dropped from 100% to 88% battery with only an active mobile network connection. I ran the same test with BatterySave activated in the following night, and lost 0% during the same amount of time while BatterySave disabled mobile networks and refreshed the battery with an intervall set to "medium" in the settings.

Passivity

Another major concept of BatterySave is to not disturb the user, while he's working with his device. This means that system settings are only changed, if BatterySave detected that the user is currently idle. This prevents an unknown behaviour such as sudden connection drops or screen darkening while the user is working with his device.

What settings can be changed ?

The system settings that can be changed by BatterySave are:

- Network connections (WiFi | mobile networks)
- Display brightness (manual, automatic)
- Display timeout
- Haptic feedback
- Keypress sounds

Further information

Is BatterySave free ?

While I planned to provide a limited, but free test version, there's currently only the 0.99

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones