1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

[APP] Bluetooth Keyboard driver for Android

Last Updated:

1. o0ldsch00lz

o0ldsch00lz Member This Topic's Starter

No root required - works on any Android phone!

[​IMG]

This application is not free, but the trial version can be used as much as you want, but has a limitation on using the SPACE and ENTER keys.

Source: Teksoft - Future Teknology

Advertisement
  2. leakedbeta

leakedbeta Member

wow thats pretty neat, I'd like to try it... if I only had a bluetooth keyboard :x

3. o0ldsch00lz

there are some cheap bt keyboards available, I think I saw some for ~20USD and were small sized.

4. onezerone

onezerone Member

It dont work with HTC Hero...

5. o0ldsch00lz

strange, it works well on my device!

you might want to post any issues you might have on their forums and get technical assistance.

6. darkLuke

darkLuke Active Member

Are there any drivers for BT gamepads?

7. o0ldsch00lz

I think BlueInput could be modified for that as well, after all it is a HID Driver. Also take a look on the developer's website, they do provide a mouse driver for the Windows Mobile platform (same name BlueInput) that must be very similar to a bt game device.

8. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

For some reason this didn't work with my freedom keyboard (must have been spp) so I sent it back and will get an another keyboard to try with this.

If this application works for me it will be amazing since I could forgo having to bring my net-book to class to take notes and can just bring a tiny fold up BlueTooth keyboard instead which is SO much more convenient.

That is the whole reason that I got a smart phone... to do away with all my previous, many, devices and have just one device from now on for all my needs:
    - Computer
    - Voice recorder
    - Phone
    - Camera
    - Music player
    - GPS

Thank you o0ldsch00lz for coming out with this

9. o0ldsch00lz

Ok I think there is a mistake here . The KeyPRO software uses SPP keyboards, while the Blueinput uses HID keyboards.

Are you sure your keyboard supports both SPP and HID? It seems improbable to me.

10. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

The Blueinput app works great with the Stowaway Ultra-Slim, until you need to use a function key. So we get no numbers or punctuation. :(

11. RMB

RMB Well-Known Member

The Freedom Pro Keyboard has a physical switch for SPP and HDD--- I haven't been able to get it to work with a DROID Eris, but the internet provided these directions for the Droid proper:

{If you can

12. jgreetham

jgreetham Well-Known Member

This is great news - another reason to get a Android phone. I currently have a 3 yr old Palm T|X and a BT keyboard for it. Very nice. It looks like there is finally an OS to replace my T|X. (Just in time 'cause things are starting to fail on it.)

Cheers,
    Jim

13. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

I want to get an Evo 4 G, but I am a little concerned about not having a keyboard. I have a Stowaway BT keyboard and small full size and also smaller roll up rubberized USB KB's.

Are there any good small BT keyboards that are about the same size or even slightly larger than the Droid, Hero, or Evo 4g phones themselves?

14. Kapten

Kapten New Member

Hi I have a HTC Desire and a Think Outside stowaway bluetooth keyboard. I have tried blueinput but when i try to scan it says turn on bluetooth and it is turned on. I also tried another driver with less success. Does anyone know if there is a driver that works for this combination?
    Thanks

15. skandranon

skandranon Member

So far I dont see any posts of anyone successfully using this.

Does anyone have this working on their android phone?

If so, what phone and what make / model bluetooth keyboard?

Thanks

16. Pyredude

Pyredude New Member

I have a DroidX and a Dell XTBT01 which I think is the same as the igo stowaway ultraslim. I downloaded BlueInput and my Droid clicks when I hit the keys, I can even turn Caps Lock and Number Lock off and on as seen in the status screen of BlueInput. For some reason none of the letters show up when I type and can hear the keyboard clicks on my DroidX. Does this help anyone or can anyone help me with getting this thing working.

Thanks

Darrin

17. Katmeat

Katmeat Member

I'm using the Freedom Pro BT keyboard with my Evo with no problems. I gave up trying to get my earlier SPP based Stowaway to work; Evo needs the HID format.

18. CFF

CFF New Member

I'd like to use the iGo Stowaway Ultra Slim bluetooth keyboard with my HTC Desire HD, but whilst I can successfully pair the items I don't get an option to connect. I then installed the BlueInput app which can see the keyboard, but it fails to connect.

I'm happy to buy the app once I've got the thing working.

Any ideas?

:)

Martin

19. dbltrbl

dbltrbl New Member

i just got the freedom pro keyboard and for the most part it works great. I can't figure out how to hit 'Send' using keyboard when i'm chatting though? Anyone else experience this??

20. RobDickson

RobDickson Well-Known Member

What device are you using the keyboard with? I'm thinking about buying a keyboard for my HTC Desire.

21. psoubourou

psoubourou New Member

Hi,
    I bought the BBK200 bluetooth keyboard. Page http://bee-wi.com/catalog/CATALOG_BEEWI_light.pdf indicates that it should work on Android but it doesn't even pair... (HTC Wildfire FroYo)
    I downloaded the only app from BeeWi (for car control) but it doesn't work.
    I tried BlueInput from the Market, still no chance.
    Anyone has an idea? I wrote to BeeWi Support, I'll keep posted if there is something new.
    Cheers

22. motoxoom

motoxoom Member

BlueInput itself MAY work on any android device but i have a G-Tech Bluetooth Keyboard and that app Does not even recognize it, i had to go with Keypro and i had to go through the list of the manufactures that it supported, and one of them worked for this keyboard.

23. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

It's hard to believe that this issue has not been fixed in the latest versions of Android. (I have not upgraded my EVO or Thunderbolt as I want to preserve rooting options - but I ave not heard that BT works any better on the newer versions.)

24. pbasch

pbasch New Member

Go see Teksoft's forums. Apparently HTC uses a particular bluetooth chip, and it seems that HID or whatever profile they need isn't on it, so they CAN'T make a keyboard work. Pretty stupid. Just reeks of corporate idiocy. I had just incorrectly assumed that bluetooth meant bluetooth, and I'd be able to use bluetooth devices. I realize now, for my next phone, that you have to check in advance. The Atrix looks great, but it's not on T-Mo. *sigh*

25. miterb

miterb New Member

My 8-year old StowAway Keyboard works well with the standard Android 3.2 that came with my Acer A100 Tablet. The keyboard had a lot of special function keys and they do not work. For example, Numlock does not work but Capslock does. I gave BlueInput a quick try and could not get a functioning connection. I think I'll just stick with the standard connections.