• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App download history

NoBodyU

Lurker
Jul 18, 2012
Now I'm sure this will sound fishy but it's true.

I have a friend that claims his spouse can tell when she downloads an app even if she uninstalls it and clears the market history. The claim is that the spouse knows the time the app is downloaded.
I told her there's no way that's true. But then I wondered if it's in google play history or something?
Is her spouse blowing smoke or is there a history of downloaded apps and times?

In the play store online you can see all the apps you have ever downloaded even if you have uninstalled them. Mine shows apps that I tried once over two years ago. I'm not seeing a date installed though.

I can see the install date. If you are logged into the Play store and you scroll to the bottom and click "My apps and settings" it gives me NAME, CATEGORY, PRICE, DATE, STATUS and OPTIONS.

Upvote 0
I just checked Appbrain.com and if you select "timeline" under each device you can see all the apps and when you installed and uninstalled them ... AND if you hover over the date it will tell you the time as well.

If they are sharing the same account and sync to something like this, they will indeed be able to know when each other installed and uninstalled apps down to the minute.

EDIT: Sorry, just checked ... it's down to the SECOND!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones