• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App drawer widget

TTD187

Lurker
Mar 28, 2014
I've been making my own home screen using Themer Beta, which has been going fairly well for me, however, rather than putting accessing my apps through the drawer or through the pre-made categories (which are currently a hit and miss), I'd like to have a widget that fits nicely into a user-defined size (For me, I believe it'd be 3x6).

The widget would be scrollable, would have folders for the user to open and an option to open all apps, so they'd be sorted into a user-defined order from the app. Above all the apps would be a search option, which would be as long as the user decides.

Places where I've seen something similar are in the Play Store when swiping right I've seen something similar with the HTC One, there's blinkfeed and then swipe right again and more comes up. Something like that would be very beautiful to my eyes :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones