• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root app locations

I have been running Tainted Vanilla and was going to try Ivan's Eris_Official Rom. but when I installed it there are some apps missing from the market that I have paid for ( ie. Age of Conquest Europe, Africa, Asia ). I have installed the market fix and this has made no difference.
I have looked in /system/app but did not see the apps listed in there
I have also looked at backing it up with astro but it is listed as private
So i wanted to see if I could just pull the APK from adb or if there is some thing I have done wrong.

Any help would be cool Thanks
Mike

Well, if it is not installed on the phone, you won't find it by poking around with a file explorer.

Unless what you mean is that you have a Nandroid backup of the older ROM, and you are going to restore that ROM in order to find it.

In that case, the .apk should be in /data/app or /data/app-private. I believe that Astro is not root-aware, so you are going to have to grab it some other way: either use Root Explorer (paid app), or learn how to use adb.

e.g.

adb shell ls /data/app
adb pull /data/app/foobar.apk foobar.apk
adb install foobar.apk

eu1

Reactions: Necron80
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones