• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help app not in file system

JimGM

Lurker
Nov 27, 2012
Searched but found nothing similar on the forum.

I downloaded an app and it works fine but when I use X-plore there is no sign of it in the files directory.

It has provision for using the cloud to move files to the PC version but sometimes I am out of range and have no internet access. In these cases I would like to move the files by USB. Can't move what I can't find.

Hi

The apps are stored in the folder /data/apps which you do not have access to without rooting your phone and using a "root explorer" app, of which there are many.

Moving files by usb, unless music or video, is not usually that easy. If you can install the samsung usb drivers on your pc it should work. Either use Kies or have a look at mskips all in one toolkit on XDA forums. You can use it to install the drivers without rooting the phone.

Roger

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones