• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App request for the hunter.

Hello all,

I am new to the Android and new here as you can see. Thanks for all the welcome so far.

I am a avid hunter and hunt most of the year. I and my hunting club use a official calculator to score our trophies. This calculator is located here on the web:Boone and Crockett Club | Scoring Your Trophy

You just click the animal that you have taken in the field and follow the measurement instructions. Then the calculator will give you an official score for your trophy animal. As of now none of this scoring can be done in the field where the animal was taken. If the animal has horns we have to take them back to the house and score on the home computer. It would be kick butt to be able to score in the field or at the hunting camp.

I know this is not a super for the masses app. But take a look at the Out Door Network on TV and you will see that the one thing dominating sales in the out door market is technology. I dont know (anyting) about programing but it seems this would be a pretty easy app to develop. Its realy just a adjusted calculator. And there are millions of hunters in north America alone. I feel if this app was available it would spreed like wild fire in the tight knit hunting community. Heck im just a hick with a shot gun and a rifle. But I also have a Android. And it works at my hunting lease.

Now, would I love to make some money with this idea? Sure. But I understand that ideas are cheep. And all the work goes into making the app. So if this app idea can help a developer and I can get it on my Android ill be happy.

I have one other app idea for the hunter. But its realy cool. And I might have to partner up with some one on that one.

Thanks for reading,
Joe

Reactions: confucious_911
I would like it in a app because it could have a lot of other feachers with it. Like a record of animals taken. And the score for each animal stored in the app. Also make it so i can take a pic of each animal. To go with each score. So I can show a pic of the animal when I'm talking smack at work. It would show the pic with the score and date taken, extra. Thanks, Joe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones