• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App to equalize volume on music

musick

Mar 5, 2011
CA
I have a mix of old 60s/70s and more modern ones tunes downloaded on my V. An appropriate work volume for Cream makes Tool sound way too loud.

Is there an app that will scan and "level" volumes so they are all the same? Or is this something I need to do on my desktop?

Cheers!

Thanks for the rec...and sorry to answer my own question...kind of...

Although its not an app, a blackle search turned up MP3Gain. Free download (although to your computer) that reset my phone library volumes from an initial 65db - 95.7db to a new 89.1db - 93.6db.

A quick play of known low and high volume songs back to back yield a MUCH smoother transition between songs. No clipping on the high or low end either.

If anyone else would like to normalize volumes from different sources - in my case, CD rips to MP3 and downloads from the "free music downloads" app from the market - give serious consideration to MP3Gain. Not perfect, but well worth a try given the price point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones