• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

app to get rid of all unwanted apps

Do you mean the home screen, or the app drawer? Android lets you add folders to the home screen and then drag apps to them. Or if you don't like the generic folder icon, there are app organizer/folder organizer type apps that offer additional features and eye candy. I don't know any way to add folders to the app drawer, but icons can be hidden as described in the previous post.

Upvote 0
Do you mean the home screen, or the app drawer? Android lets you add folders to the home screen and then drag apps to them. Or if you don't like the generic folder icon, there are app organizer/folder organizer type apps that offer additional features and eye candy. I don't know any way to add folders to the app drawer, but icons can be hidden as described in the previous post.

i never heard of an app drawer. how do i create this, and yes all i want to do is eliminate the clutter by moving all those apps that i can't uninstall. i don't care about the generic look of a folder.

thx

Upvote 0
i never heard of an app drawer. how do i create this, and yes all i want to do is eliminate the clutter by moving all those apps that i can't uninstall. i don't care about the generic look of a folder.

thx
OK, it sounds like you are talking about the home screen then. If you want to get rid of those icons entirely, drag them to the bottom of the screen and put them in the trash can that will appear. This won't uninstall the app though, and you can recreate the icon at any time. Uninstallation is done either from the Market or from Settings/Applications/Manage Applications. The procedure hfor getting to the app drawer has already been explained so I won't do it again.

I wouldn't be surprised if the manufacturer of your phone has a manual for it online. You'll find lots of useful tips there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones