• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to Make Tab S Good for Note Taking?

I really want an 8" tablet for taking notes in school. It's come down to Samsung tablets, and while I find the Galaxy Note 10 2014 not a bad size, I'd prefer an 8" tablet. But the Note 8 is a year old and there's no release date yet. The Tab S 8.4 seems perfect other than it's not meant for stylus use like the Note tabs. But does it still work ok with a stylus? Would I be able to use an app to get handwriting recognition and successfully take notes that way?

You will get to use a standard rubber tipped stylus, like the ones people can use on an iPad, but they will not in anyway be able to replicate the accuracy of a WACOM powered screen and stylus combo on the Notes. You can't use S Pen on a non-Note device because it's the different hardware of the Note screen that makes it accurate and work, not the pen itself.

Upvote 0
You will get to use a standard rubber tipped stylus, like the ones people can use on an iPad, but they will not in anyway be able to replicate the accuracy of a WACOM powered screen and stylus combo on the Notes. You can't use S Pen on a non-Note device because it's the different hardware of the Note screen that makes it accurate and work, not the pen itself.

Are there apps that mimic the Note tabs note writing software?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones