• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Application Help

LukeHolden

Lurker
Feb 16, 2011
Yesterday I got the Samsung Galaxy S on a contract through work which comes with 500b of data allowance for internet or something.

My question is with working paying for it I don't want to take the piss and go over that amount, so everytime I use an app does it count towards my 500mb?

Like on the contacts page you can view peoples recent activites threw facebook, so does that count towards it to?

Tad paranoid atm!

Yes.

To put it in perspective though, 500MB (capital B for bytes is what I'm guessing your cap really is) Would be the equivalent of:

opening Phandroid.com 500 times a month (~17 times a day, and clearing your cache inbetween each opening)

-or-

about 4 standard definition TV shows (41 mins of video each)

500MB is pretty small, but not tiny either. Email, Google, and facebook wont eat too much of that. I think if you're careful, and do most of the heavy downloading over WiFi, you should be fine. But these bandwidth caps really suck, I feel for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones