Apps for Root users

Last Updated:

1. swaze

swaze Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So im wondering, are there any places other than searching the andriod market for apps if you are rooted? Or can I just simply dl regular apps from the market that will work normally even though im rooted?

Advertisement
  2. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

Any app will work on a rooted phone. There are certain apps that are for rooted phones only, but since you are rooted, you have no concerns.

3. pking

pking Well-Known Member

As rockcrawler says, there are market apps marked 'root only' that will (mostly) work for you now. All of the other apps will continue to function normally without regard to your rooted status.

As for downloading apps outside of the market, especially anything claiming to require root, use scrutiny and caution. Now that you're rooted there is potential for malware to do some real 'damage' to your system. At least on the market, you have other user's comments and ratings to help weed out the 'bad' stuff.

4. swaze

swaze Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ahhhh thanks for that. I might not have asked the right question but thats what I was looking for. Appreciate it. You guys rock!!

5. wonthanhguy

wonthanhguy Member

What are some highly used root-user specific apps out there? I flashed the fresh 0.6 ROM.

The only thing i see so far is the wifi tethering app. Any other apps that I should know about?

6. edawerd

edawerd Member

Copy Paste It is an app that works only for root users.

7. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Let's see:

Setcpu
    Rom manager
    Leds hack
    Root explorer
    my backup pro or titanium backup
    Cachemate and/or cachecleaner
    Wireless tether

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. They are all really useful.

Simba501 likes this.