Apps self launching?!

Last Updated:

1. tripwire's_hero

tripwire's_hero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,
    Ever since 2.1 my HERO has been pretty laggy. lots of problems with keyboard lag, opening texts, swiping panes, etc. (never had problems with 1.5)

Despite many detailed posts to the contrary, I DLed a task killer, and when I boot the phone and check the task killer it lists multiple apps as running! On a startup the task killer indicates that amazon MP#3 store, footprints (what the hell is that?!) astro file manager and many others are open right from the start.

anyone know what's causing this, and how I can stop it? I can't seem to delete the stupid amazon MP3 store either...

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

You can't really stop it, just delete your taskiller and everything will work itself out. If you still have problems with lag, I recommend a factory data wipe, or better yet, factory data wipe then reflash the 2.1 RUU.
    Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

3. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I will say that I also get irritated with certain start up apps, It's gotten to the point where i'm thinking about deleting both e-mail apps from my phone because i'm never far enough away from my computer to need to check my e-mail on the phone. I've already taken out most things i just don't want removing gmail to screw everything up.