• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

apps to sd help

So I'm still kinda new to this, I have cyanogen 4.2.14? Mod if that makes a diff.
But I wanted to know if I'm going to put apps on a sd what size is recommened for the sd? I have a 4 gb at the moment. Also does this just free up memory or does it improve performance as well? Also please add any other helpful suggestions that I may not of thought 2 ask about yet

First know what class your sd card is of. It's not recommended for sd cards less than class 4 as everything would be so slow. It does improve performance if you have many apps by freeing phone memory. The cache would still stay on the phone memory though, so you might wanna clear some apps' caches from to time. About the size, I have a 2GB card of which I partitioned 256MB for apps. To me it's more than enough (I currently have about 70 apps). If you wanna make a linux-swap don't make it any larger than 64MB; it wouldn't make anything better if larger. As to your rom, it's the best rom for apps2sd. It does everything automatically you just need to partition your sd card. It'll take a few minutes to start up the first time. Good Luck

EDIT: forgot to mention, half my apps partition is free

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones