• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps wont open

lusafdie

Lurker
Mar 10, 2013
Hi, some of the apps I downloaded recently form the play store won't open on my phone (motorola XT890, razr i): I click, a loading sceen from the app or just a black screen appears for about 10 seconds and then it takes me back to the original home screen. One of the apps I'm having trouble with was working fine until about two weeks ago, others weren't opening from the beginning.

I tried uninstaling and installing, I tried a factory reset (which made me lose all my pictures), I don't know what to do anymore! Anyone had this happen to them or know what can it be/how to fix it?

Thanks!

all i can think of is that the apps are not compatible with your device. Can you tell us the names of the apps. Could be others have had trouble with these apps.

I thought about that too, but in the play store they appear as compatible. Candy crush saga wouldnt work from the beginning and viber stopped working a few weeks ago. I've had this happen with some other apps I can't remember but deleted after not being are to use them.

Upvote 0
My belief here is that you are using an Intel x86 based phone and not ARM based. Someone correct me if I am wrong but couldn't this be the root of the problem?

For example, Koush recently release his Superuser app on the Play Store and in the description he purposely points out that it has full compatibility with ARM and x86 chipsets.

Food for thought.

jmar

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0
I don't know what otas are :/, but I didn't really do any updates or anything of the sort.

And yes, I do have an Intel based phone, so jmartino you could be right on your comment. Ill look into that. (I don't know if it explains why Viber worked until a few weeks ago, but you could be right)

Upvote 0
I don't know what otas are :/, but I didn't really do any updates or anything of the sort.

And yes, I do have an Intel based phone, so jmartino you could be right on your comment. I loom into that. (I don't know if it explains why Viber worked until a few weeks ago, but you could be right)
I'm just speculating but it seems logical to me. I remember reading about compatibility issues with Intel based phones. My understanding that app devs add some code in the app for compatibility sake. Now I'm no dev and don't claim knowledge, but I do read a lot of Android articles, daily.

Gonna move your thread to the RAZRi forum. Hope that's cool. It will get the right set of eyes on this issue.

Upvote 0
Candy Crush doesn't work with Intel phones. The specs on their website say it must be Arm processer only. I've emailed them to find out if they intend to update their app to work with Intel but no reply as yet.

Viber updated their app the other week and since then it is not compatible with Intel anymore. They are aware of the issue and have released a new 2.3.5 version of Viber which is compatible but not from the play store.

See link below to get the new Viber apk which does work with our phone:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2182205#post38974676

Reactions: jmar and lusafdie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones