• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help apps won't update - T-Mobile LG Slate

stownley

Lurker
May 20, 2011
App updates will download, but they all give the "update unsuccessful" message after trying to install them. Is there a setting that I may have inadvertently changed? I've looked through everything. I did just add a ton of music to my tablet, but I still have over 2gb left. That is the only change to device since it started doing this. I've also restarted multiple times.

Thanks in advance for any help.

App updates will download, but they all give the "update unsuccessful" message after trying to install them. Is there a setting that I may have inadvertently changed? I've looked through everything. I did just add a ton of music to my tablet, but I still have over 2gb left. That is the only change to device since it started doing this. I've also restarted multiple times.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Upvote 0
Yes. You can be running out of memory on the SD.

Another possibility is that your SD has become heavily fragmented. All those app updates that are unsuccessful are those that have been installed on the SD card. you may want to relocate them back to phone memory. You can still continue to use the SD card.

But if you really want to keep on installing apps on your SD, I may recommend two things.

1.) Reformat your SD. Then transfer back the apps, then the music.

2.) Is your microSD a Class 2 or a Class 4? Time to get a Class 6 or a Class 10. Faster microSD reduces the chance of disk fragmentation. This is probably the better long term solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones