• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps you actually use OFTEN on your Incredible

Every Day...

Phone
Swype(!)
HTC Mail (for my own mail domain and GMail)
HTC People
VoiceDialer HF (for the missing useful voice dialing, actually confirms calls by voice!)
Button Shortcut (so I can voice dial without looking)
Facebook for HTC - Integration with People is fantastic
HTC Calendar and calendar widgets
Beautiful Widgets (even better Home than HTC's)
Thomson Reuters News Pro
AP Mobile
EasyReminder (for the missing periodic reminders)
SpriteMobile Backup + Dropbox (auto nightly backup of phone)
Dolphin Browser HD (by far most compatible with complex sites)

Upvote 0
I tried to cut down my list, but I really do use almost all of these on a daily basis, other than the Music/Video apps, but when I'm using them, they're of utmost importance. I cut out the native apps.

Handcent
Tech Buzz (Widget)
Google Voice
TFLN (Widget)
BatteryTime Lite
Pandora (Widget)
AppBrain
DIVX Demo Player
DoubleTwist
Gmote
Lookout
Movies (Flixter app)
MSN Droid
Up Sound Down
Zillow

Upvote 0
Okay, this thread helped me so here's my list of everyday apps:

Gmail - hey, it just works; notifies of me of incoming mail before my computer does!
Apps Organizer - uses labels to sort apps into categories which appear on the home screen like folders
LiveList - great list making app; I use it for groceries, work agendas, recipes, etc
BatteryTime Lite - calculates remaining time for talk, video/audio playback, web surfing, etc.
My Verizon - for keeping track of my wireless bill and usage
Mint - financial app, syncs with online Mint account where you can create custom budget and watch other finances
Color Flashlight - useful at night; also fun effects
Draw! - makes for a fun time in social situations
craigslistnotifica - keep an eye on specific sections of craigslist; useful notifications and filters
Dictionary.com word of the day - nice widget
Flixster - nice movie app and local theater locater; I like that it's synced with Rotten Tomatoes reviews
Listen - Google's podcatcher
MixZing - best audio/video player, in my opinion; uses internal storage, has video player, Now Playing queue, decent widgets, and other cool features
MyBackup Pro - nightly automatic phone backup to the cloud
Dropbox - allows easy transfer of files between the phone, computers, and the web; free!

Upvote 0
Used daily
Setting Profiles Full
Google Voice
Gtalk
swype
Gmail(and unread counter) / HTC mail (work exchange)
DoggCatcher (use this daily on my commute)
XiaaLive Lite (stream Howard Stern via Tversity/siriusxmstreamer from my PC at home)
Kindle (Put this here because I already bought a book and have started reading it)

Things I don't use every day but I certainly use
aCar (donation version)
eWallet viewer (patiently waiting for full version)
VIP access (2nd tier authentication to ebay/paypal/openid)
QIK video
Transdroid (add/monitor my utorrent dl's)
ip cam viewer lite (monitor my security camera DVR)
USAA banking app

Upvote 0
Facebook
Facebook
Facebook
Astro
Autolock
Autoring
Blocked stone (simple game but mesmerizes me)
Dropbox
KeePassDroid
Meebo (gchat, fb, yim, aim)
My Verizon
Facebook
Phoneflicks
Places
PrinterShare
Vizbattery
Y5
Facebook

I also use gdocs, g-voice and 'toggle google voice', gmail app, and the native calendar, contacts and messages apps (i prefer the native apps in most cases). Also use the native browser for everything I can, and set my weather.com local as a bookmark... for me, better than weather app. All the above are daily use apps.

^^^^^ looks back up at list and realizes I use my Inc a lot daily. Guess I should look up occasionally.

Upvote 0
AppBrain
Weatherbug
ChompSMS
JuiceDefender
SetCPU
CBS News widget
BatteryLeft widget
MLB at bat
Astro
Titanium Backup
Pure Calendar widget
Astrid
Advanced Task Killer
DoggCatcher

I know some people are highly against the task killers, but if you could see some of the crap that opens by itself... maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but I don't need FM Radio running randomly all the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones