• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps2SD+ How To??

Hi all

I keep going round and round in circles..just when I think I have a handle on it, I make a mistake.

I am using Cyanogen 6.1.0 RC1 and love it. By default, it only has the standard Froyo implementation of using the SD card for apps.

When I was trying loads of different roms, I configured an ext3 partition according to instructions for installing LeeDroid.

Today, I installed the firerat script to enable moving everything to the ext3 partition...unfortunately, after a reboot..it was like the phone had been wiped..so I clearly did something wrong.

I am willing (if necessary) to wipe the phone and start from scratch, but I guess I am looking for some form of guide to make sure I don't miss anything.

My idea would be

Wipe phone, cache, dalvik-cache, format sd-ext and sd card
Flash CM6.1.0RC1
Flash Gapps
Install firerat fr-patch141-BETA specifying only the apps2sd option
Change CM setting to default to internal installation of apps
Configure my settings and start installing apps

Does this make sense? Could someone let me know a better way (maybe the darktremor patch instead of firerat)

Cheers

I should add to this for the record.

I failed on numerous occasions to utilise the firerat script, which is actually recommended by kali.

Today I flashed darktremors a2sd+, rebooted, ran the command to move dalvik to sd-ext and rebooted again...presto changeo 110mb available internal storage...and new apps are installing to the 1gb partition

Love it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones