• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root are preloaded gscripts universal?

I recently rooted with XTRsense and just switched to Eris lightning 3.02 and want to delete some apps like peep and footprints.. I have preloaded gscripts from XTRsense and I am just wondering if I can run them to delete apps while running Eris lightning.. or will it not work? If it won't work can someone point me in the right direction to find some preloaded gscripts for Eris lightning Rom? Thank you in advance..:D

I recently rooted with XTRsense and just switched to Eris lightning 3.02 and want to delete some apps like peep and footprints.. I have preloaded gscripts from XTRsense and I am just wondering if I can run them to delete apps while running Eris lightning.. or will it not work? If it won't work can someone point me in the right direction to find some preloaded gscripts for Eris lightning Rom? Thank you in advance..:D

Since both roms are 2.1 sense roms it should work...but as directed above i would definitely do a back up first. I haven't heard anyone use that rom in a long time...it was one of my firsts lol.

Upvote 0
Since both roms are 2.1 sense roms it should work...but as directed above i would definitely do a back up first. I haven't heard anyone use that rom in a long time...it was one of my firsts lol.

I ended up deleting them through titanium.. it seems to have worked fine..:thinking:
I love the red theme by the way.. I decided to check it out even though it hadn't been updated in awhile, not that it needed to be, it runs great..:D however, you being the developer and all I imagine you're the most qualified person to ask.. do you think using titanium was an alright idea?

Upvote 0
I ended up deleting them through titanium.. it seems to have worked fine..:thinking:
I love the red theme by the way.. I decided to check it out even though it hadn't been updated in awhile, not that it needed to be, it runs great..:D however, you being the developer and all I imagine you're the most qualified person to ask.. do you think using titanium was an alright idea?

yes deleting them with titanium is perfectly fine...probably a better way cause it gives you more control of what you want to remove. Of course some of the apps in the system folder will create problems if removed so always have a backup available when you delete stuff.

Upvote 0
yes deleting them with titanium is perfectly fine...probably a better way cause it gives you more control of what you want to remove. Of course some of the apps in the system folder will create problems if removed so always have a backup available when you delete stuff.

So if I just do a nand backup before I delete an app, and if the app happens to be needed by the system I can just do a nand restore and my system will go back to normal? I never really understood how the whole nand backup and restore thing worked, because I always do a nand backup before I do a wipe when I flash a Rom, but I never do a nand restore.. am I supposed to?

Upvote 0
So if I just do a nand backup before I delete an app, and if the app happens to be needed by the system I can just do a nand restore and my system will go back to normal? I never really understood how the whole nand backup and restore thing worked, because I always do a nand backup before I do a wipe when I flash a Rom, but I never do a nand restore.. am I supposed to?

Correct. A nand saves everything on the phone at it's current state. Every database, missed call, text message, setting, app, the rom, etc. So any time the phone gets messed up you can restore the nand and then it will be exactly as it was before you made the nand. People always tell you to make a nand before you change anything cause it's good practice but if you already have a fairly current nand that you are fine with going back to then you don't need to do it again. It's pretty much just a restore point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones