• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Are there camera apps that have the option to focus by holding the cam button?

Camera ZOOM FX has the option to select custom buttons, but not with the camera button. I have it set to change the Flash mode with the Volume Down button, change the White Balance with the Volume Up button, and there are many other gesture options too; fling left, right, up, down, long press, and pinch in or out. I have the Focus change with a long press on the screen. Also, a neat thing about Camera ZOOM FX, it let's you touch anywhere to take a pic. It's much better than trying to find that little button.

Upvote 0
There are camera apps out there that take very fast pictures. You just have to try them out and get the one that work best on your phone.

Fast Burst camera is blazingly fast. I just installed it and it'll take them as fast as you can tap the button! :D
Unfortunately you'll need to buy the full version to get all of the options. Good news is that it's on sale right now. :thumbup:

Edit :

I just got the paid version of Fast Burst camera and it's bad to the bone. You just hold the button down and it takes bursts of pictures. It VERY FAST!!! :D

Reactions: dabar
Upvote 0
Don't need bursts. Just:

* point, shoot, no preview, next picture to take all in less than 4 seconds or so

or

* tap to focus, shoot, boom

Lol. Man, Fast Burst doesn't necessarily have to be used with only burst. It'll allow you to point and shoot pictures within a second or two. Less than the 4 seconds you seek. That's for sure. :D
You hold the button down for a burst or tap the button for individual pictures. It will take individual pictures in less than a second. :p

Upvote 0
Lol. Man, Fast Burst doesn't necessarily have to be used with only burst. It'll allow you to point and shoot pictures within a second or two. Less than the 4 seconds you seek. That's for sure. :D
You hold the button down for a burst or tap the button for individual pictures. It will take individual pictures in less than a second. :p

I've read from a review that Fast Burst works by taking stills from a video and therefore the image quality/resolution will suffer. I've used both of the stock camera and Fast Burst to take the same picture and Fast Burst definitely looks worse.

Alternatively, you can choose the "fixed" focus mode on the stock camera and it will not take as long to take a picture, but somehow the picture quality also isn't as good as "auto" mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones