Are there droid people with the seidio extended battery?

Last Updated:

1. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If anyone has actually purchased the non slim version of the seidio extended battery on the droid, can you report your thoughts here?

1) What kind of battery life are you getting now vs before?
    2) How much does the cover screw your ability to lay the phone down on a flat surface and type with any of the keyboards?
    3) Is it worth the price?

Thanks,
    Joe

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

FWIW, I have had a Seidio extended battery for my Motorola Q, which is 2x larger (mAh) than the OEM battery, for about a year now, and I can attest to its longevity. It litterally runs 2x as long, and I can get 3-5 days of "my normal use" out of a single charge. I would not doubt that the Droid's battery would experience similar results. Seidio has earned a good reputation throughout different communities.

Whether or not the price is "worth it" depends on you and your requirements.

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

You mean the big fat one? The slim one isn't out yet and the DROID is big enough as it is without a quasimoto battery lump from an extended battery.

4. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I did a test with my Droid, putting my larger extended battery the place of the OEM, to see how it would feel in the hands, for when it was released.

It made typing "easier", as it allowed the right thumb to rest comfortably more towards the right. This made for a more "balanced feeling" when negotiating the keys with both thumbs. The extended lip on the right became a "non-issue".

For me, the extended battery's "function" outweighs whatever "form" that may be negative. Nothing like knowing I can stream a whole football game (or your event here) over a sling box, without worring about running out of power.

5. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know, I had a seidio extended battery with my XV6700. Got great battery life with it.

I'm mainly wondering if you lay the phone down flat and type, without it wobbling and tipping over.

Also, how well does the new cover fit, and stay attached?

Anyone actually have the battery and cover?

Joe