• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are there droid people with the seidio extended battery?

mihalich

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
South Orange County, CA
If anyone has actually purchased the non slim version of the seidio extended battery on the droid, can you report your thoughts here?

1) What kind of battery life are you getting now vs before?
2) How much does the cover screw your ability to lay the phone down on a flat surface and type with any of the keyboards?
3) Is it worth the price?

Thanks,
Joe

FWIW, I have had a Seidio extended battery for my Motorola Q, which is 2x larger (mAh) than the OEM battery, for about a year now, and I can attest to its longevity. It litterally runs 2x as long, and I can get 3-5 days of "my normal use" out of a single charge. I would not doubt that the Droid's battery would experience similar results. Seidio has earned a good reputation throughout different communities.

Whether or not the price is "worth it" depends on you and your requirements.

Upvote 0
I did a test with my Droid, putting my larger extended battery the place of the OEM, to see how it would feel in the hands, for when it was released.

It made typing "easier", as it allowed the right thumb to rest comfortably more towards the right. This made for a more "balanced feeling" when negotiating the keys with both thumbs. The extended lip on the right became a "non-issue".

For me, the extended battery's "function" outweighs whatever "form" that may be negative. Nothing like knowing I can stream a whole football game (or your event here) over a sling box, without worring about running out of power.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones