• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Agreed. But a side by side test with my n2 both on o2 sims suggests the n3 is very weak in poor reception areas and in doors. I believe this is a valid thread still.

It is certainly a valid thread, even if it's not very accurate. Why? Because their are many variables that many users do not understand. That's not a criticism of them, but simply the truth.

All too often very little consideration is given to taking personal responsibility and learning how cellular systems work. Instead users focus on the phone they want, comparing carrier costs, and ignoring their personal responsibility to perform due diligence in identifying which carrier has the best signal in their geographic area.

Upvote 0
What carrier are you on. I'm on Verizon and my s4 gets good signal but my gnex didn't. Would hate to have to return the note 3 if it's bad on signal after waiting for it. I receive service calls on my phone, good signal in a must.

I'm on Verizon also and still limping along with my Gnex. I'm sooooo frustrated with the weak signal on this phone. I was close to pulling the trigger on the S4 but then the N3 was announced. Pre-order is set and delivery is on October 10th.

I HOPE HOPE HOPE the signal is far greater than my GNex. It would be devastating to go through 2 more years like that again.

Upvote 0
@zendroid I have little choice if I want to use the phone at home. Only one carrier works here! 100 metres away, only one carrier works but it's a different carrier.

bangheadonwall.gif

Upvote 0
I'm on Verizon also and still limping along with my Gnex. I'm sooooo frustrated with the weak signal on this phone. I was close to pulling the trigger on the S4 but then the N3 was announced. Pre-order is set and delivery is on October 10th.

I HOPE HOPE HOPE the signal is far greater than my GNex. It would be devastating to go through 2 more years like that again.

If my S4 is any indication, I expect to find the Note 3 I have on order to be similar in performance. The S4 is exceptionally clear with good voice tones.

On more than one occasion I've had those I've called comment on the clarity, asking if I was on a new phone. It's noticeable better than my iPhone 5 which is a decent phone.

Upvote 0
It is certainly a valid thread, even if it's not very accurate. Why? Because their are many variables that many users do not understand. That's not a criticism of them, but simply the truth.

All too often very little consideration is given to taking personal responsibility and learning how cellular systems work. Instead users focus on the phone they want, comparing carrier costs, and ignoring their personal responsibility to perform due diligence in identifying which carrier has the best signal in their geographic area.

The best signal outside is of little relevance to how a device performs inside or on the verge of low reception. If a device is weak no carrier will help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones