• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root As a rooted user, what will make you change phones?

Can't imagine switching to any phone that wasn't already proven to be rooted. Just not willing to go back to giving control over my user experience to someone else.

Would be unlikely to leave Verizon...been with them since the days of Airtouch, and have always found their customer service to be exactly what I want - available, courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable enough regarding the support issues I've had to actually be able to help me. Also VZW coverage has consistently been as good or better than other companies when I compare signal/service with friends/family/business associates when I travel.

I'll likely keep my Droid for a couple of years, that's been my history on all phones before it...then I'll see what's going on w/the VZW 4G network and new phones for it and move on to something new.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones