• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ascend replacement?

From my experience,they will CHARGE you $15.00 as a THANK YOU for upgrading.Any time you make the slightest change in your service,whether an upgrade or downgrade,they will attempt to stick you with this.However,if you don't mind a little haggling,they may waive the fee or credit your acct. for the amount,as they did w/me.
Beware that they will try to charge you an additional $15.00 on top of that as well{an activation fee},just refuse it & do it yourself.
Also,if you don't mind changing your phone #,they may give you the 1st months service FREE,as if you are a 'new' customer.I know 1st hand they used to do this w/non-smartphone plans,however,the ANDROID or BLACKBERRY plan may be a different story.

Upvote 0
I don't have much money right now anyway so I probably will wait for the next best thing (maybe the Huawei X5) but let's say I finally do go to a new phone ... since cricKet is contract free ... could I sell my Ascend (cheap) to someone and have them use it? Will cricKet allow that and let them have it be put in their name etc.?

I sold my Samsung Text Messager II on eBay after I bought my Ascend.

Upvote 0
X.x I have the Optimus M. It's an okay phone. I payed a small fortune more for it than I did my Ascend. I really have to say I still don't want to part with my hang up/call button and trackball. The Optimus is a good phone. It's fast but, slightly heavier and has a few more FC than my Ascend. That's my own personal judgement on this exact phone. It does not carry 4G with Metro. That was my major let down on it.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
Has anybody found any pictures? I think the cricket version is supposed to be silver. I don't think cricket has any kind of upgrade discount, but I could be wrong.

The MetroPCS and Cricket versions of the Optimus look pretty much the same. The color may be slightly different, but the button arrangement is identical. Check these links for images:

LG Optimus M | MetroPCS

LG Optimus C | Cricket Wireless

Upvote 0
I don't have much money right now anyway so I probably will wait for the next best thing (maybe the Huawei X5) but let's say I finally do go to a new phone ... since cricKet is contract free ... could I sell my Ascend (cheap) to someone and have them use it? Will cricKet allow that and let them have it be put in their name etc.?

I will pass on the Optimus. I use my phone as a bookreader and going to a 3.2 inch screen for that wouldn't be pleasant. I'll wait for the next Huawei Cricket is supposed to have later this year.

Upvote 0
The MetroPCS and Cricket versions of the Optimus look pretty much the same. The color may be slightly different, but the button arrangement is identical. Check these links for images:

LG Optimus M | MetroPCS

LG Optimus C | Cricket Wireless
The silver looks pretty nice. I like it better than the color of the metro version. I notice the cricket doesn't have "with google" on the back like the other versions do. It seems like they would want that on there. It says 2.2, but I wonder if it is 2.2 or 2.2.1. The virgin model seems to be 2.2.1 as it looks like it is crazy hard to root. I will probably wait for the x5 anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones