• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Assistance needed

skyline1

Lurker
Jul 5, 2011
Hi..I have a couple of questions and was hoping maybe someone can assist me

I have a ZTE Engage. I bought it new..so they said..but have my doubts, I think it was refurbished. In any event I have had a couple problems arise

1. After I place a phone call..the screen goes black and I have to shake the crap out of the phone to get the screen to light up.

2. It had n icon show up..looked like a droid figure. I turned the phone off and it went away. What was it and why did I get it?

3. Now it said this morning Format SD Card. What does that mean? How do I rectify it?

These are only a few. ANY assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi..I have a couple of questions and was hoping maybe someone can assist me

I have a ZTE Engage. I bought it new..so they said..but have my doubts, I think it was refurbished. In any event I have had a couple problems arise

1. After I place a phone call..the screen goes black and I have to shake the crap out of the phone to get the screen to light up.

2. It had n icon show up..looked like a droid figure. I turned the phone off and it went away. What was it and why did I get it?

3. Now it said this morning Format SD Card. What does that mean? How do I rectify it?

These are only a few. ANY assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

Most phones have a sensor that detects when the phone is against your face and disables the screen. It does this so that you don't accidentally hit buttons with your check while you are talking to someone. This sensor usually stays on the entire time you on the phone. It should allow you access to the screen when you pull it away but sometimes grease or dirty from your face keeps on tripping it. Try wiping the screen.

There are plenty of android figures that show up on the phone. You need to give us a better explanation of when and where you saw it. On boot up? In the notification bar? Etc...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones