• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Astro Back Up Advice

KING LUFF

Apr 22, 2010
Hi

I need to do a factory reset on my phone as i have been advised by HTC to do so however i have quite a few apps that i have already backed up to astro but i have a couple of questions before i go ahead...

1) When i have reset and logged back on, do i simply re-install astro and then re-install the apps from there?

2) Will my saved data within the apps (games etc) be backed up also?

All advice greatly appreciated....

Thanks
:)

Hi
1) When i have reset and logged back on, do i simply re-install astro and then re-install the apps from there?

Yes, should be as simple as that. However, if it doesn't find then, browse to your sd card,m through astro, into the "backups" folder and all the .apk installtion files are there. if you click them, it should open (or prompt to open) the installer app.

Hi
2) Will my saved data within the apps (games etc) be backed up also?

Unfortunately not, they are the .apk's only. I don't know if the data is saved in a seperate folder, if reinstallign the app over writes this data. If you can identify teh folders, you may be able to copy the contents first then put it back afterwards?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones