• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Asus Prime TF201 dead?

Kutch98

Lurker
Oct 28, 2013
Hi everybody, first time visitor, registerer and poster.

My Asus Prime TF201 I think has died on me. It was turned off the other day, I recharged it, and when I went to turn it on it wouldn't load past the load initial screen which I guess is called the splash screen? I have tried to do some research myself. I've found hard resets, cold resets, drain the battery and recharge then turn on. I've tried it plugged into the wall, my desktop, the dock and unplugged from all of those to no avail. I even tried to do a memory wipe and that still wouldn't work. The only solution I've seen and have not tried yet, is downloading the firmware from asus website and installing via a micro SD card. Short of that, does anybody have any other suggestions? I have even emailed Asus twice and have not gotten an answer, which is very aggravating. Anybody have any other solutions?

Hi, I'm afraid this forum is slightly deader than your Transformer. It does sound as though there's a hardware fault, as the things you've tried should have brought it back to life. I can't think of anything else I'd try, so it looks like the firmware refresh is your only hope. Unfortunately this will wipe all your apps and settings though. If it fails, the device is definitely faulty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones