• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help At home + not moving + not charging = alarm?

lauter

Lurker
Jan 6, 2017
Hi everyone, newbie to Tasker and hoping for some guidance.

I'm great at putting my phone down in stupid places and running my battery flat. Unfortunately dodgy reception (or a flat battery) means I can't always call myself to locate the thing.

I have a couple of wireless charging pads in key places now, I just need a prompt to use them. For example:

1. On my home wifi network
2. Not on charger
3. No accelerometer movement detected for, say, 5 minutes

A polite but persistent nag chirp every couple of minutes would be ideal, but a simple alarm would do.

Is this doable? Easy? Hard?

Is this doable? Easy? Hard?

Only you can answer that.

What have you created so far? The approach I recommend is to start out with something simple and chip away at adding to it. It can become overwhelming otherwise.

Tasker can do all the things you listed except GPS. After 2.3 you will need to be root-ed to change GPS.

You requirements definition is sketchy. What it says is ... if it is near my WiFi, not on a charger, and not moving then it should be making a sound. Really? You never turn it off? It sounds off every x minutes until you put it on a charger or distance yourself from the home WiFi?

... Thom

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones