• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Upgrading AT&T S4- 4.2.2 Rooted to the latest

Trii

Lurker
Mar 19, 2015
Hey guys,
I ran a search but I don't understand half the things people are writing. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please explain to me my options. In layman's terms, as I do not understand half the abbreviations and jargons here.

I rooted my phone over a year ago and really don't remember anything about the process. I can't download certain important apps from Google Play as they require newer versions than 4.2.2... I'm stuck on this old version.

Can someone please point me in the right direction, I want a regular stock AT&T newest version, whether it stays rooted or not that's fine, but the newest version, I believe it's 4.4.4? What are my options? If not I can settle for a little older version. The simplest method would help me the most.

Much appreciated

Thank you,

Tri

i have copied and pasted this, for the reason being that i respond to this question before..
so all the information is below enjoy!

My bootloader is locked, well it is for everybody with this phone. But what i did instead was flash 4.4.2 on odin v3.09 and to root it i used towel root. If you guys want my files i will be gladly to give it to you!

and here's the link as to what you need to do--- so this is not my work...

http://www.droidviews.com/install-android-4-4-2-kitkat-att-galaxy-s4/

nevertheless, im still trying to find a tar file to upgrade to 4.4.4 but no luck so far. also, if you guys have problem with website i gave you ( dowloading file wise) i got the files myself to give to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones