• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

att 4g off option?

chawski

Android Enthusiast
May 19, 2010
Im coming from sprint, so really dont know my way around gsm too much yet, but wanted to check if there is a way to toggle the 4g on and off on an att s3? I know it was a huge battery saver for phones like the evo, but i cant seem to find any option on the phone to turn it off.

Considering my Sprint LTE phone has the same disability (without the MSL, at least), I don't think it's so that you go over your limit faster. I appears to be a SoC problem. I have no idea if HOX/LTEvo users have the same disability or not, though.

This bit is offtopic:

I also doubt that forcing you to use 4G will bring you over your limit is a revenue tactic. It's like the old trick question: What weighs more? A pound of lead or a pound of feathers?

They, of course, weigh the same, as it's said that they both weigh 1 pound. People will infer that the lead weighs more than the feathers, because lead is dense and feathers are not. Same goes here, it's all perception. 2 GB is 2 GB, no matter how fast it is transferred to you. It can also be argued that 4G uses less data, because there will be less time-outs and refreshes required to get the same data.

Upvote 0
interesting way of looking at it. well i guess until an easy method comes along, its constant 4g. good news is my battery really isnt suffering from it too bad. With the exception of a few heavy days at work, ive easily done 10-12 hours pretty conistantly.

Yeah me too - I've had the phone off charger for 3 hrs (with very very light usage this morning) and I'm still at 96%. It doesn't seem that LTE standby is really any more of a hog than my old Captivate was.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones