Audible alerts not working.Support

Last Updated:

1. schadfield

schadfield Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone noticed problems with audible alerts not working? I can be sat in a quiet room in the middle of an email or SMS conversation and when I check the display there is visual notification of a new message but the phone hasn't made a sound!

Completely maddening. If it continues I will return the phone as it is not fit for purpose.

Advertisement
  2. Naruvam

Naruvam Well-Known Member

Strange never had problem with notifications for sms or mail. Only notification problem i have is with market application Hi msn and it's inability to accept notifications being silent... So sorry if anything my galaxy is louder than it's needed.

3. dommoly

dommoly Member

I had this issue too - was something to do with the phone still thinking the headphones were attached!? Try connecting and disconnecting your headphones - it should play a notification sound when you disconnect.

4. Broomfundel

Broomfundel Active Member

Hi there,
    I had this on and off for a while. It turned out that if I had mounted the SD card to my PC, the link to the media file I was using for both ringtones and notifications would stop working. Just reselecting the same file again after would resolve this. If your notification sound is on you card you could try reselecting.

Good luck.

5. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Audible tone does seem to lag behind the visual pop-up for me.

6. schadfield

schadfield Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yes - this is closer to the problem. Sometimes it seems as if it never going to use the audible alert. Very frustrating.

7. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Odd havnt noticed that problem. Are you using the default messaging app and notification sounds that come with the phone, or custom ones?