• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio dropping out- MXQ PRO

Kaneno1

Lurker
Apr 19, 2016
I am new to the forum and to the subject so please excuse any stupid questions. I have a MXQ Pro T10 and have been experiencing audio problems since day one. When streaming content from any source the sound intermitently drops out for a second at a time. If I am watching a film this will happen for around the first half of the film and then seems to sort itself out which suggests to me that it may be some kind of buffering issue but I would have thought that this would affect the video which doesn't seem to be happening. I have cable broadband and the box is connected to the router by cable so I don't think it's a speed issue. The fact that it corrects itself makes me think that it's not a speaker issue. So basicly I'm stumped. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the replies. Freddtv, I set the "keep device awake" to "always" and the problems the same. It doesn't only happen when the audio is low, it can happen in the middle of a gunfight. It's the fact that it improves as the stream progresses that's throwing me. As I said above, this suggests a buffering problem but the video doesnt seem to suffer. I'm pretty close to sending it back.

Upvote 0
After reviewing the specs on the T10 here are my initial thoughts.

1. It uses the S805 processor. This has been replaced by the s905. This is old tech and pricey at that.
  2. It has an external antenna which is cool. But for the price difference vs a newer box without an antenna, you could buy a cheap wifi repeater with an ethernet port for wired connection. This is where these boxes really shine.
  3. It is loaded with addons. A lot of them look horrible. I would do a fresh KODI install and free up some space on the device and possibly solve some issues.
  4. This box is pricey! It looks awesome but there are better boxes out there. This is the Box I have the normal MXQ PRO it has the s905 processor and for under $40 you can't beat it. I haven't had any sound issues with this box.
Sorry, I couldn't actually solve your problem. Let everyone know what you end up doing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones