• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio messages in IM apps

Easy 10

Lurker
Sep 14, 2010
Hi,

Bit of a long shot, but I’m after a certain type of audio message recorder that’s built in to an instant messenger app, that sends recorded voicemails to the other person. I am currently using Line, which is ok, but you have to hold your finger on the screen to record, and it sends as soon as you release. Not keen on that, as it’s a pain having to hold your finger down, and sometimes you don’t want the message to go!

Previously I used an app called Touch, which was perfect. You’d just press ‘record’, talk for up to ten minutes, then hit ‘stop’. You could then either send, delete or listen to the message. Sadly that app was discontinued, and I just cannot seem to find another app that has that type of audio messenger. I tried Vox, but again, you have to hold your finger down on the screen the whole time.

I know there are a lot of IM apps out there, but I’m drawing a blank on the audio front. Anyone know of one you don’t have to hold down ? You’ll be a LEGEND in my eyes if you know of one :0)

Thanks

Reactions: acutizie0384

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones