• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio Out Dead Fix

Just wanted to post this "fix" for the audio output going dead on my Optimus M.
I'm not exactly sure how this happened but I'll explain what I think occurred.
First off, I started listening to one audio source via (scanner radio app), thought I had closed that app before opening another app (tune in radio) and starting to play audio from that source.
I heard the audio through the phone speaker from tune in radio but couldn't get the sound out to my ear buds. I even tried multiple sets of ear buds.
I then realized that I might have two audio player apps running, even though I was only hearing the tune in radio audio. I killed them both and started the one I wanted but that didn't fix the audio out either.
I finally had to resort to rebooting the phone which, for whatever reason brought the audio out back to life.
Hope this helps someone else keep their head scratching to a bloodless level. ;)

Reactions: IcePeten

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones