• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio Playback Glitches?

I've had my HTC Incredible for a little while, but only recently started to load some of my music onto it. While listening to an album that was around 45 minutes long, I heard about three playback glitches. These glitches were not present in the audio files themselves. The music was 128 VBR OGG. I was playing via the Meridian app. The music was stored on the 2 GB microsdhc card that came with the phone. Is this due to some type of multitasking or memory problem? It looked like there was plenty of memory available when the glitches were occurring. Anyone have any input on this or experiencing this too?

I seem to be having this issue too on my samsung galixy s... I have some 320kbps mp3s on it and during playback it seems to randomly pause and resume as if it was processing something heavy and was struggling to play my music... I find that some songs tend to do this more than others and when I play my lossless (ogg) version of love is war that the problem is next to non existant.... Perhapsf some file types are harder to play than others and my phone hasl a poor SPU? And maybe just a side nyote but when I play back .mkv files the audio tends to lag behind the video... But plays normally for a 720p .mp4 video...

Also, sorry for any spelling mistakes in this post... Im posting from my galixy s while listening to glitchy music :p im not used to a touch screen keyboard...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones