• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

August update

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
The last small update was just an interim one. The full August update is still a few weeks away as per Google.
Google did share today that the “August 2022 update for all supported Pixel devices will begin rollout in the coming weeks.” According to 9to5Google, Google says it will fix a GPS problem that some owners have. The article can be found at:
https://9to5google.com/2022/08/04/pixel-6-update/
Enjoy (◉‿◠)

Reactions: codesplice
Can you please explain why I just did a Check Update and the results say I am up to date as of a July 5 security update?

Thanks.

My phone says the same thing, which is correct. The August update has been delayed. According to Google, it will be released within the next few weeks. So all you have to do is wait like the rest of us. Nothing to worry about. In order to get the update ASAP, I tap the "Check for Update" button when I've read that the update has been released. I will post that it's been released as soon as I know. :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones