• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto Brightness turned off...screen brightness still fluctuates

colnago

Android Expert
Nov 17, 2009
I have the T-Mobile Tab Plus, and even with auto brightness/power set to "off", the screen still changes its brightness for different actions...usually gretting brighter when opening the browser, then dimming when closed, or moving to settings.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm still having it after a few hard/soft resets.

Seems to be the case with me as well. I cannot locate any brwser specific settings that will allow me to correct. Hopefully it will be resolved in a software update.
I almost wonder if they consider it a "feature".

I used the default browser again yesterday and it did the same thing again (its easy for me to notice since I almost always have the brightness set to the lowest setting)

You may want to register your displeasure with Samsung to make sure they know it is not an appreciated feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones