• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto Folder Sync?

lite

Lurker
Nov 20, 2009
Hello All,

I am looking for an app that will automatically sync folders of my choosing to my pc whenever i am in range of my wireless network. So for instance when i walk in the house from work the droid would copy any new files to a specified location on my pc. Ive found a few apps like sugarsync and keepsync but they upload to a remote server and require my interaction to sync the files.

I would like something does does it automatically when files are updated or at specified intervals.

TIA All,

Did you ever find something that works for you?

I've tried both FolderSync and Titanium Media Sync (TMS). I use a one-way sync from phone to PC via FTP. Here are some pros and cons of each:
FolderSync Pros:

• maintains timestamp of file

FolderSync Cons:

• overwrites files that haven't changed on phone
  • no support

• instant sync feature doesn't work

TMS Pros:

• syncs efficiently and accurately

TMS Cons:

• doesn't maintain timestamps
  • can't sync to both laptops simultaneously
  • no support

Since the issue of FolderSync repeatably uploading files to PC that haven't changed is intolerable, I've disqualified it. The cons of TMS are not nearly as serious so I continue to use it and overall am quite satisfied with it. I would rate FolderSync a 1 and TMS a 4 on a scale of 1-5
Pete

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones