• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Automate Tasker to Modify Google Hangouts/Voice Settings

a_dough

Lurker
Jun 11, 2015
Hi Everyone!

I'm really new to tasker but the main reason I first bought it was I wanted to automate when there is no signal, my phone would go into Google Hangouts -> <Gmail Account> -> Check box for "Incoming Phone Calls" under the Google Voice section, and uncheck it when there is signal. So far I got the profile to open Google Hangouts but no further. Is this task possible in Tasker? If so, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

An alternative was to have the task happen when I toggled airplane mode on/off, however, that option isn't available to me even though I am rooted and have the Secure Settings plug-in (if you know a way around this please let me know!).

Thanks!

are you rooted? If so you can simulate user button places at locations on the screen necessary to accomplish this, with wait actions between. Let me know if you want more details on that.
Here's how you do that.
http://www.pocketables.com/2013/07/how-to-emulate-touch-input-using-tasker-and-root.html

I wanted to automate when there is no signal
You can check if you are in range of specific towers. I'm not sure if you can figure when there's no signal.

An alternative was to have the task happen when I toggled airplane mode on/off
You can to that. The variable %AIR represents airplane mode status (off or on). You can have a context that looks for changes in the variable %AIR.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones