• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Automatic call forward based on GPS or radio tower

I think a lot of people, including me would love this. It may become a feature of Google Voice down the road - Google has all the parts, they just need to be linked up.

Google Voice in combination with the Android app "Locale" gets you really close too. A number of Locale users have put this on the Locale wish list, but so far nothing.

The developer of Google Voice alternative 'GV', was working on a plugin to make this happen with GV and Locale. Unfortunately GV recently stopped development.

In my case, T-Mobile coverage at my home is terrible and unusable. But, I didn't want to wait for Verizon or AT&T, and wanted an Android phone so bad that I went with T-Mobile anyway. Google Voice helps with this issue a lot, but I would like to have my Google Voice stop forwarding to my land line, and forward to my Android automatically when I leave the house and coverage is better.

Oh well, I'm sure this will happen soon...

-Slosuenos

Upvote 0
I think a lot of people, including me would love this. It may become a feature of Google Voice down the road - Google has all the parts, they just need to be linked up.

Google Voice in combination with the Android app "Locale" gets you really close too. A number of Locale users have put this on the Locale wish list, but so far nothing.

The developer of Google Voice alternative 'GV', was working on a plugin to make this happen with GV and Locale. Unfortunately GV recently stopped development.

In my case, T-Mobile coverage at my home is terrible and unusable. But, I didn't want to wait for Verizon or AT&T, and wanted an Android phone so bad that I went with T-Mobile anyway. Google Voice helps with this issue a lot, but I would like to have my Google Voice stop forwarding to my land line, and forward to my Android automatically when I leave the house and coverage is better.

Oh well, I'm sure this will happen soon...

-Slosuenos

Anyone have any luck on this. Here is my issue Well I have been looking all over the net trying to find an application for the droid that will give me the capability to call forward based on time of day or even when I get close to somewhere. I have crappy coverage in my house and need this app. I used PhoneAlarm on my Omnia but the developer does not plan to port over his application. I have found Locale but no add-in that does this. I would greatly appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Upvote 0
Anyone have any luck on this. Here is my issue Well I have been looking all over the net trying to find an application for the droid that will give me the capability to call forward based on time of day or even when I get close to somewhere. I have crappy coverage in my house and need this app. I used PhoneAlarm on my Omnia but the developer does not plan to port over his application. I have found Locale but no add-in that does this. I would greatly appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

For others that were looking for this....I found it a few weeks ago. This program is great. Still in beta but it does everything I was looking for.

Dinglisch Forums - Tasker - Beta Testers

Upvote 0
Hello. I'm new in here so please: go easy on me.
Well i read this thread and found that it's what i need too. But a little different way. Phones have call redirect built in. And now we can redirect calls automaticly useing location. But is it possible to use Bluetooth not Wifi to change the redirect option?
I need my phone to activate redirection to my other number while i'm in my car. Is it possible to make app that looks for certain bluetooth device and when it's present: Redirect call. And when i step out of the range then disable redirection. And please: I don't want to buy an ugly headset or Car Hands free device. I want my Galaxy TAB i built into my car to handle all my calls while i'm in my car and when i leave my car i want my I5800 to take all calls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones