• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

automatic screen on won't work with profile changers?

marklyn

Jun 9, 2010
Hi. I've tried about 7 different android profile changer apps where I'm setting a profile to turn off the screen at 10:30 (night) and to automatically turn on the screen at 6am for morning. Nothing I've tried so far actually performs this action on it's own at the designated time; however, if I touch the screen or run an app or do anything that requires touching the screen, then the profile actually starts working after the specified target time. This behavior is the same with all of the profile changers I've tested (phone weaver, Profile Scheduler +, setting profiles full version, etc)
I do have the tablet in a dock (always) and I've changed the settings to not keep on the screen when docked, so that's not the issue.

Is there some kind of behavior that I'm not aware of that prevents the screen from switching off/on when the action is coming from a software app? I've been messing around with this for 3+ weeks and nothing seems to work.
FYI: I have an Acer Iconia A100 tablet with ICS.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones