• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Automating voice tasks mostly for YouTube in my car

I have a ATOTO model headunit in my car. I mostly listen to YouTube in the car. I have a voice remote that lets me interface with the headunit. I was wondering as to if there is a way to use voice commands and navigate YouTube. For eg. if I say 'Hey Google, Play YouTube Watch Later playlist' it will start my Watch Later Playlist'. It will be fine if there is an app that emulates screen touches on voice command also.

Looking through that Amazon link you posted, apparently your head unit includes its own, plug-in microphone. Is there reason as to why you also have an additional, external voice remote?
It's not a voice remote. It is a remote on my steering wheel that can be used to control the headunit and also it has a voice command button that transmits the voice command to the headunit but it goes to google search. I would like to press the voice button of this remote and speak a command like "Hey Google play Car playlist on Youtube" and it plays that playlist

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones